Clicky

sgtdub

Saturday, August 04, 2007

04 August 2007, It's the weekend. Just think, not to long ago I didn't even have weekends. Now I get two a month. (I still work the other two). Miss Dub went to spend the night with at a friends house, so Mrs Dub and I went out to dinner. We went to the Rib Crib, and afterwards walked through Lowe's. My kind of date.
Mrs. Dub said she wants to go to the Farmer's Market this morning, maybe check out some garage sales. Later this afternoon we are going to her office pool party. It's so good to be back home and have things back to normal. I've heard Mrs. Dub refer to it as being in a rut, but that's because nothing has changed in her routine that much. It's once again a new world for me and simple things like going to the grocery store with her are fun. Of course, I'm still wanting to pick up too many food items on impulse buying, but I'm getting better.
Wednesday started my days off. I had Miss Dub up at 6:30 a.m. and we had the horses saddled up to ride. I'm still working on getting my "seat" when it comes to riding. At one point the horse and I were doing close to "60 mph", Miss Dub told me we had broken into a trot. Well, it felt like 60.
Guess it's time to feed the horses and the goats, be safe and have a great day.

12 comments:

Travis Cody said...

The routine things are sounding pretty good Sarge.

Sometimes those impulse buys are just gonna get ya - I do it a little too often too. Maybe it's just a guy thing?

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the little things! They are most times the best fun!

Ahhhh...no Travis...impulse buys are not just a guy thing,just ask my DH..they get me way to often.

:>

fatwonkkid said...

nothing like ribs and power tools...

Michael C said...

The Rib Crib. I smile just thinking about how great a place with that name must be!!

Anonymous said...

Hi again Sgt Dub,

Just wanted to remind you that today is the last day of voting for Bestest Blog of the Year, and there are definitely still quite a few blogs within striking distance for the fame and glory (and $50 cash prize!).

EXCLUSIVE results will be featured on my new (and improved!) blog, BestestBlog.com, 8AM EST on Tuesday morning. Voting for new "Best Blog of the Days" has already begun and the first winner (based entirely on your votes) will be picked Wednesday (and every) morning at 8AM (again at Bestest Blog). Get in the running by joining the Blankest Blank Blog Directory...over 100 have already, and we haven't even handed out any awards yet!!

We'll also be having daily results (again based on your nominations and votes) for Funniest Video, Funniest Picture, Funniest Joke, and Most Fun Game every day at 10AM, 12PM, 2PM, and 4PM respectively.

I hope you'll stop by and leave a comment some time, we've got lots of exciting stuff on the horizon!

Sarge Charlie said...

rideum cowboy, yeehaw

Write Before Sleep said...

Did you bring the goats back w/ you?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Routine can be comforting when you have not had it for so long

Bobby Griffin said...

The results are in!! Check em out and see where your blog ranks!

Desert Songbird said...

I would think the "simple" act of riding a horse would give you great joy. So glad you're enjoying your life!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Congrats on your Bestest results sir....

MrsDub said...

Honey, I'd rather be stuck in a "rut" with you than on top of the world with anyone else!