Clicky

sgtdub

Monday, August 11, 2008

11 August 2008
Well, tomorrow makes 14 years in the Oklahoma National Guard. It's hard to believe. I have to say I'm pretty happy with where I'm at and what I'm doing. With two deployments, Katrina, and Arabic Language School, the military has given me a better quality of life than I could imagine having without it. Of course, I would rather be home with Mrs Dub and Miss Dub. But as any veteran or current military member will tell you, sacrifices have to be made to ensure we all have that better life.
This is a short post as it's time to head off to school now. Happy Monday, be safe and have a great day.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

and after just six more years that monthly retirement check is not bad either. neither is the health insurnace for life. lots of goodies for serving! we have a wonderful life now because of the military. i cold not have retired early without the insurance. hope you enjoy yours dub!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Desert Songbird said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Thanks for your continued service to our country.

Amazing Gracie said...

Absolutely - congratulations and thanks for all that you've done and continue to do!
I'd love to meet Mrs and Miss Dub!
I hope to meet up with Ron Simpson, too...I wonder if we could all get together at the same time/place?
My daughter doesn't have her land line yet but my cell # is 661-903-0456.
~~~Blessings~~~

MrsDub said...

Wow, where does the time go? I remember back to when I hated the military and I refused to have anything to do with it. Now I'm familiar with all the acronyms - specifically LES statement - which for those of you who don't speak "military-ease" means "show me the money!" I am looking forward to the day you retire and we can sit back and enjoy the peace of mind of having retirement and free insurance! It's a good thing we've never counted on my retirement to support us in our old age. Miss you! P.S. Gracie we'd love to show you around our great state!

Wade Huntsinger said...

If you retire at 20? Peraps that is when you will run for public office and continue on and be CSM and perhaps a Representive of that great state. Who knows? Or Not