Clicky

sgtdub

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

19 April 2011,
It's 0500 hrs (5 a.m. for the civilian population) and I'm already 2 hours into my day. The Brigade's CSM decided he needed a formation at 0400. We thought it was for a unpleasant experience. Turned out he just wanted to see if he could get the entire brigade together in one spot on time. Heck, it made since and worked, how'd that happen?
So, I headed to the office, why bother trying to go back to sleep now. With no one else in the office except the night CQ I can finally have a moment to relax, catch up on the blog and finally read a couple of articles in the Army Times I bought two weeks ago. My days here are full with report after report, I'm not digging the whole admin life of a First Sergeant, I enjoyed doing my job and only having to worry about a section rather than a whole company, its more complex, but it has its rewards. Luckily my commander, CPT S found a way to bring on a admin sergeant and that's working out great!
Miss Dub did a presentation back home on the cultural background of Afghanistan, looks like she was actually listening to me when I rambled on. She's doing great and it's a real bonus when others in attendance send me messages telling me how wonderful she is as a person and as a speaker. I love her and her mother very much and miss them both.
Well, enough free time I guess, I have stacks of papers on my desk that require my attention, but I'll finish this last article in the paper first. Be safe and have a great day.

1 comment:

Linda said...

If memory serves me correctly, my Dad was none too keen on the whole First Shirt thing either once he'd done it for awhile! I can't remember if it was all the paperwork or having to go bail out some of the members of his command on weekends, though!