Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

6 July 2011,
I had an exciting morning as I got to take my first ever Black Hawk helicopter trip across eastern Afghanistan. Mrs. Dub has asked me to never let her know before hand about such trips so I didn't tell her till this evening. It only lasted two and half hours but we covered a lot of ground and I accomplished my mission. I certainly didn't do my hearing any favors even though I wore my military issued hearing protection, I was more deaf than normal for the hours to follow getting off the bird.
I took a bunch of pictures, going east the landscape has more green, trees, grass, fields. It made it a fantastic trip. Next time I will have to clean the windows on the doors so that the pictures come out better and do some justification to the scenery.
I'll try to get some of the better ones loaded tomorrow. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted. Be safe and have a great day!

1 comment:

Sarge Charlie said...

I have flown in a Hughie, don't know if they are still in use. I have regretted not going to helicopter school, students were in big demand in the 60's.