Clicky

sgtdub

Thursday, December 11, 2008

11 December 2008,
Angela, aka Mrs. Dub, told me she wanted to fly out here to Arizona to ride back to Oklahoma with me next week. Before she could change her mind I went on-line and bought her plane ticket. She will fly in on the 20th and we will have lunch with some of the folks from my class, I'll give her a quick tour of Sierra Vista and then we will be on the road for Oklahoma. I'm ready. We talked briefly about letting Shelby come out too, but apparently strapping her to the roof of the Expedition is considered illegal in the State of Arizona, and New Mexico, but I think it's ok in Texas.
During this time of year I try to shop at locations that have the Salvation Army outside their business or Toys for Tots inside, remember that this is the time of year to help others, even though helping others can be done anytime of the year. As some people may tend to look at this time as a time of stress, take a minute and reflect on what blessings you have received this year and give thanks.
Be safe and have a great day.

6 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Yo Dub, Miss Bee and I did some courting in that neck of the woods, here we are 41 years later, that makes it a good place to court your lady......

Kanani said...

Followed you here from Miss Bee's. Well, strapping her on the roof might be illegal, but I'm sure she could ride on the hood as an ornament.

Linda said...

You could strap her across the grill and claim she was an elk or something!

It's great that you're going to have Mrs. Dub riding shotgun with you back to Oklahoma - lots of time for some hand-holding!

And you're right, we should try to remember our blessings this time of the year and be thankful for those things we have as well as some of the things we don't.

MrsDub said...

As Dub calls it, I will be his on-board "NAGigation" system! It will be my sole job to keep him awake by nagging him the entire way home. I'm afraid to see what his apartment looks like. The first time I went to his apartment when we were dating, I thought I was going to pass out. There were clothes laying everywhere and you could barely find a place to walk. That should have been my first warning about his method of housekeeping, but no, I had to jump off and marry the guy! And now, 17 years later, he's still messy and unorganized, but I love him more today than the first day I met him (clutter and all). However, if you think you're going to dump your crap in the living room when you get home, we're going to have a "come to Jesus meetin!" and I WILL PREVAIL!!!!!

Staci said...

Welcome back to God's Country!

Desert Songbird said...

Heh. I hope by the end of the drive, you two are still speaking!