Clicky

sgtdub

Sunday, December 31, 2006

31 December 2006, New Year's Eve! Could I get any more excited? Well, to be truthful, yes. I've never been as big on New Year's as some of the other holidays, but it's still one I enjoy. Especially when you consider that Mrs. Dub and I got married on this evening. It sounded like a good plan at the time, every one's in the party mood, tax deductions, those sort of things. Our tenth anniversary, we went to Las Vegas and had Elvis renew our vows. I'm not sure if we had big plans for our 15th or not, but I'm pretty sure it didn't include being this far apart and on completely different time zones. Yet, all in all, it's still a good one.
Today was nothing special in the way of work. The weather is just warm enough to melt the snow we've had but still freeze up over night. My procrastination is still intact as I've still not done anything about the next school term which starts later this week. Maybe, I'll do better this next year, (yeah, that was bad, but I promise it's the last bad joke I'll tell this year)
For the new year, I've given myself a new look. Yep, Mrs. Dub won't be too thrilled, but my mustache should grow back in by then. I shaved it off, just to give me a change of pace. Not much else to report on my end. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Years' Eve, remember to get a DD is you're going to a party. Sorry, I won't be available this year for it. See you next year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture?! I don't think I have ever seen you without a mustache, or maybe I have and I blocked it from my memory. :P

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO. LOVE YOU MOM AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE BESTEST SON IN LAW THERE EVER WAS.

Odat said...

Happy New Year to you and yours and Happy Anniversary too! Stay safe and thanks again for being there for us all.
Peace

Sarge Charlie said...

dittos to what odat said.

Speaking of shaving off the old stash, I bet mine on a game of racket ball in the gym at Camp Carroll, Korea, I lost, never grew it back. My friend, I cannot remember his name, had the razor in hand at the end of the game. We do stupid things, and remember them.

The old sarge

Be safe my friend

Lizza said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year! Wishing you and Mrs. Dub many more happy years.

By the way, doesn't the upper lip get cold without the mustache? :-)

Desert Songbird said...

My husband shaved off his mustache years ago when I told him that I hated kissing him with it because it always scratched me!

Stay safe.