Clicky

sgtdub

Monday, January 01, 2007

01 January 2007, A New Year.
Well, today was another slow day at the office as we wind down the holiday season. Today was a sunny, dry 32 degrees kind of day, but it was a great day none the less. Why? As Sarge Charlie said, I can at least say I'm coming home this year. July 4th will be the first holiday I will see at home and I think we are planning on a big party. As I stated in my July 4th post of 2006, the significance of helping another country establish their freedom and celebrating ours at the same time is something I will hold dearly.
Tomorrow will be back to business and it looks like we still have plenty to do. I really haven't set any new years resolutions, I plan to continue to work on losing weight and getting into a decent physical shape, to continue my college, (while trying hard not to be known as the oldest person to get their degree) I saw a news report last week where a 100 yr old man had just gotten his. Was that determination or procrastination? Anyway, most of what I want to accomplish is after I get home. I'm starting to research tractors and barns. I have a lot of chores on my little five acres that are missing me right now. Then Mrs. Dub also wants to start some remodeling. I'm ready.
I didn't take today off from the gym and did an hour of cardio. Tomorrow will be weights and abs. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of it and enjoying working out again.
I'll get a picture posted soon, be safe and have a good day.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

(yawn) okay sarge, i'm up, but charlie is not. it's 8:15 am here and this building is quiet!

hey i just thought of something! when you get home you ARE still going to blog, right? sigh.... i'm already worried about losing a fellow blogging buddy.

not that i don't want you home, and you can actually fix surff, right? my sweet charlie and his plastic butter knife is so darling. he really tries. but if that won't do it, and he gets the chain saw out, watch it buddy! he means business!!! bless his heart.

be safe sarge, later gator.... bee

MrsDub said...

Happy New Year! Glad to see you made it through New Year's Eve without any problems. Maybe everyone saw what happened to Saddaam and they're staying in this weekend. MissDub and I had an awesome time at our costume ball. We actually had dance cards, and I only had one day and that was with the Director of the Museum. MissDub however worked the crowd and made sure her card was full. Reminds me of myself when I was younger. As fun as it was, it would have been even better if you had been there. You could have filled up my dance card -- although it's not proper ettiquette for a man to dance more than 1 song in a set with the lady he brought. Hopefully this will become an annual event, and next year, we will be toasting midnight together! All my love, and just think 365 shopping days til our next anniversary!!!!!

Sarge Charlie said...

M
Mrs Dub makes me cry, but that is ok, I am an old softie. I hope you fill her dance card next New Years Eve.
I have one resolution, make that two.....
1. Dub gets home safe and some criminal is off the street because of that.
2. Convert Tom Cat to conservatism, he is on my side bar, I could use some help.

Happy New Year Sarge, best wishes for you and all you guys and gals “Over There”

Odat said...

Good luck with all your new undertakings!
Peace

Mimi Lenox said...

Happy New Year! Blessings and peace to you from Mimi and your friends in the peace movement. Stay safe and come home soon.

SQT said...

Happy New Year!

Wow, already made it to the gym? Good for you.

I'm always good about the workouts, it's the diet that does me in. I need to make a resolution to be better about that.

Michael C said...

Happy New Year Sgt. I couldn't think of a better day for a soldier to return home. Sounds like you'll be returning home pretty fit, too. Have a great 2007 and be safe.

Desert Songbird said...

Be sure to fill up Mrs. Dub's dance card plenty when you get home!

Happy New Year, and Stay Safe.