Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

02 August 2006, Well, sorry it's been a couple of days since I last posted. I really don't have any good excuses and you probably aren't interested in hearing the bad ones. It's the start of a new month, yeah!!!! Everything with me is still going as good as can be expected. My biggest problem of late has been my air conditioner in my room. Yes, I know, and if that's my biggest problem in war, then I'm doing ok.
LTC Y and I went for a ping pong match yesterday. My job as a comic relief went into overtime. During a game the ping pong ball hit me in the forehead, due to lack of hair, it rolled over the top and off the back. Now this and the sight of me tracking it with my eyes was enough for the Colonel to just loose it. He was doubled over, laughing, crying, probably about to hurt himself at the sight. What he missed, was the fact that while I'm tracking the ball, I'm thinking to myself, "I can hit this thing when it comes down on the back side". Needless to say, I missed and we had to halt the game till we both gained our composure.
We are still hoping to get some type of news channel in our office to see what is going on in world. I get just little tid-bits while eating my meals in the DFAC. Of course, I can't hear what they are saying so I spend most of my time reading the lines at the bottom. We need real important stuff like, UN wanting us to pay taxes, Castro resigning, Israel-Lebanon, why TomKat won't show their baby in public.
I also need to get busy writing emails back to those of you who send them to me. I'm sorry I don't respond often or quick enough. I do enjoy them tremendously though so don't stop. Thanks for the prayers, the goodies, and support. Be safe and have a good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Dub, I can't help you out with any news today -- I'm proud to say that I went an entire day without turning on the tube! Yikes, it's like giving up coffee - I think I have a headache! I did catch a blip-it on the morning news that Mel Gibson's in trouble with the law (dui and splurting anti-sematic stuff). Anyway, just goes to show that even the "important" people have bad days. News around the homefront is it's around day 20 (or so) of 100 degree temps - Gov. re-instated burn ban today. Good news is summer is almost over and it's Back to School Time! I never understood why our parents got so excited when that time rolled around - now I know. I think it's time to give up your dream of becoming a professional ping-pong player -- it's just not in the cards. Stick to the stand up comedy. We miss you :{

Anonymous said...

Had to share this joke with you -- One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweat-shirt. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, "What setting do I use on the washing machine?"

"It depends," I replied. "What does it say on your shirt?"

He yelled back, "University of Oklahoma."

And they say blondes are dumb...

Anonymous said...

Well you may not have heard yet,but OU is serious trouble #7 screwed up big time and has been dismissed permanently. Thats what happens when you put all our eggs in one Texas 1/4back. Could get interesting. Maybe now the right player with the right character will lead the way. I am praying for him. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Sorry to report that the Oklahoma Powerball Winner has FINALLY claimed the jackpot, AND it WASN'T ME! I guess you'll need to stay in Afghanistan a little while longer -- at least until I hit the BIG ONE and can arrange your "pardon".

P.S. I found the truck you've been wanting -- only problem is it's at Big Red Sports & Imports, and I can't seem to find a salesman to help me! GO COWBOYS!