Clicky

sgtdub

Friday, August 04, 2006


04 August 2006, Happy Friday to everyone out there. I am getting some good jokes sent to me but very few I can use on this blog site. Yesterday, I went out on my 3rd foot patrol outside the wire. Don't worry, I don't stray too far. I had to meet with a village elder named Mohammed Anwar. We sat down and had some tea, and talked about the things he needed from us and what we needed from him. After two hours of that, I went to the gym and worked out. Now I remember why I don't like to work out, IT HURTS my body. I'll manage and I'm still working out.
Today was bazaar day here at Camp Phoenix. This is when we allow a group of Local Nationals on base and they set up there shops of goods. I am not very good at the bartering portion of sales. There are some very nice things you can get if you like the crafts, of course, movies are always a big hit here. My friend, and local salesman, Ismail has a movie shop there too. He's the one I was saying is wanting to come back to Oklahoma to go to college and learn business. Well, I will have to have a talk with him about his distributor. The quality of the DVD's aren't nearly as good as they used to be.
Everything else is going pretty good around here. The weather isn't getting any hotter than 98 degess. I try to stay in the office as much as possible, but they feel I need the fresh air and exercise. I've found a barbarian looking helmet I wanted to buy, but the guy sold the last one he had. I will have to keep looking honey. Not much else to report today. Be safe and have a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like it when you post pictures! You just need to put your turban on, and you'll look like a "local". So do you take your tea with cream & sugar? Things at home are good - just too hot to leave the house, plus gas is almost $3.00 a gallon, so you can't afford to leave the house even if you wanted to. Have a good weekend! Love ya