Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

11 April 2007. What's headlining the news today? The real father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby has been announced. I'm really sorry that we couldn't have had a reality program dedicated to this, perhaps, "Who's your Daddy?" This season's winner was some guy called, Birkhead, I think? Anyway, I did catch part of his interview after exiting the courthouse. When asked what he was going to do next, his reply was, "I'm gonna leave Daniellyn with Howard and I'm going to Disney World!" Yes, this child is in good hands.
Camp life has been good today, we learned several new knots to tie and tonight we are roasting marsh mellows. Oh, I forgot, I'm in Afghanistan, not summer camp.
It was another busy day in that I was just moving from project to project. I finally sneaked out about 1630 and came back to my room. I had a discussion with a Captain about the importance of carrying your ID card with you if you're gonna move around the country topped my list today. Did I mention I won that one?
This morning we went downtown to take care of some business at another camp. We found a Dutch restaurant there that had a great breakfast menu. We had to use these items to cut and pick up the food with called utensils. These were made out of some sort of metal, nothing like the plastic ones we use at Phoenix. It was a treat.
As you can see, I'm just a little bit silly today. You're probably thinking I'm even further off my rocker than the other day. Well, that could be, or I could just be tired too. I did make it to the gym this morning, after weighing 234 with shoes, I did my cardio workout. Well, not much else to report today, be safe and have a great day.

17 comments:

Pickledeel said...

Hi Sgt Dub,

Just thought you might be encouraged to know that as of yesterday there are another 300+ Aussies on the way to Afghanistan to give you a hand. http://pm.gov.au/media/Release/2007/
Media_Release24241.cfm

Mimi Lenox said...

I hope you take pictures of the marshmallow roast. That would be a Wordless Wednesday classic.
Have a great day! And be safe.

MrsDub said...

I'm so proud of you for going to the gym! I haven't exercised in so long, but I'm still losing weight, so what the heck! It must be all that Special K cereal I'm eating. I ran out of the good stuff (Red Berries) and have been forced to eat the original Special K, which tastes like crap (actually, it doesn't taste at all). We must make a vow to NOT pig out when you get home. We will cook (HA HA) at home and exercise together (HA HA HA). That is of course, after we've eaten at all your favorite restaurants!!!!! Cattlemen's here we come!

Debbie said...

I become so ANGERED when the main news story is revolved around someone like Anna Nicole and who the father of her baby is!!Talk about misplaced priorities as a nation! When my daughter's fiance was killed in action in February we would watch the news to see what they were saying- we had to wait for the story revolving around Anna Nicoles death before we would hear about his.

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Pickled Eel: So glad to have the Diggers here. They represent their country well. Thank you.

Mimi: wouldn't it though

My darling wife: nope, we will do better this time, DQ, pizza and hamburger helper have saved me this time.

Mel's Mom: I agree whole-heartedly, but I will remain steadfast in my support of the media covering ANS and Brittney as this keeps them from helping the insurgents with how to destroy us. My prayers are with you for your sacrifice, I am sorry.

Ron Simpson said...

Where do you work out when you are home. I need to get on the ball and work out more myself, but I cannot seem to motivate myself to work out alone. I have a Y membership but it has gone largely unused except to take the kids swimming. I am at 285 and want to get to 240 or lower.

Debbie said...

You are right...I stand corrected =)

Odat said...

LOL..I'm reading this and wondering "There's new knots?"..I didn't know! then i saw the marshmellow roast and thought geeze...they have it really good over there!!! Ya got me!
Peace

MrsDub said...

Ron, he works out on the sofa, lifting the remote control! AND he works on his hand-eye coordination by playing X-Box! Dub, do you plan on building us a home gym, or will we be joining the Mustang Community Center? I moved the weight bench into the spare bedroom, but after a year of dusting it, I decided to move it back to the garage. Does that count towards exercise?

Callie Ann said...

SGT DUB the news is saying they are extending tours to 15 months. Well this effect you? I am worried about this. Callie Ann

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

It appears that you have been bitten by the "Silly Bug"... LOL

I would have loved not have seen a reality show "Who's Your Daddy"... NOT... Actually, they should have just figured this out on "Maury"... ;-)

Yes, it is very important to ALWAYS carry your ID with you... I'm on your side.

Stay safe!

Desert Songbird said...

Oooo, a Dutch restaurant for breakfast? In Afghanistan?! How fascinating! I'm sure you had "kaas" as part of your meal (that's "cheese" in Dutch). Kaas is a staple for Dutch people. I know - my parents were from The Netherlands, and we always had Dutch kaas in the "huis" (house).

Have fun with your knots and marshmallows!

Unknown said...

Mmmmh... Dutch breakfast causes the same effect to my brain like SHOES: everything is blank! =)

I´m sorry I´ve been a bad blogging pal during the last week. Our internet connection is still a mess. I can´t access your blog. But I´ve read you in my feedreader - which doesn´t feature a comment section *sigh*. hope the problem will be fixed soon, because I can´t use Frank´s (very occupied) work computer so often...

Be safe and have a good night!

Sandee said...

Sgt. Dub - Yes, we were all spell bound to find out who the daddy was of Anna Nicole Smith's baby. NOT... She was just a ho...who cares she slept with anyone and everyone. It's all about that money she still might get from the 700 year old dud she married for his money.

Thanks for the card for Shane. I appreciate it very much. Too many little ones out there with not much of a chance. Doesn't seem right at all.

You take care, be safe and hurry home. I think your lovely wife is ready for a trip to Cattlemen's, and I'll bet you are too :)

Ron Simpson said...

didn't you know "ho" is on the forbidden list? I got beat to the punch on the tour extension. but i heard it was for iraq, the news said nothing about afghanistan.

mrs dub, at least if he is playing xbox or on the couch, he is there. that seems like good exercise. :)

Wade Huntsinger said...

Thanks SGT Dub for the computer class. That was easy, Stay Safe

Barb said...

TV show called Who's Your Daddy.. Too funny!