Clicky

sgtdub

Thursday, February 01, 2007

01 February 2007, Another month down.
Well, January is over now, and so is my birthday. I would like to thank everyone who wished me well, and a big thanks to Sanni for that little surprise on her site Coffee2Go. Mrs Dub also decided to post about it on her site, stating that I have managed be on military orders for the last several years during my birthday. Well, after last year, I don't need any more surprises. I need to check with Sarge Charlie and see if I'm old enough now to get those senior discounts. For those that were curious, I turned 41. Yeah, I know, life's been hard on me and I look a lot older. You know, it was cool when I was 18 and looked 28, I knew then that it would catch up with me.
Yesterday I also received a box of goodies from Sgt Tim back home. I finally got a cereal bowl the size I've always wanted, and he sent the cereal too. Here in the picture are MAJ M, 1LT M, me, and CSM B.
LTC Y picked up some
oatmeal cream pies
Sgt Tim sent so don't
let him tell you different.

The weather is up in the mid 50's and it's nice. Of course, in typical military fashion, I finished that connex project yesterday to be told today that it had to come down. This didn't sit well with me and I've been working most of the day to get things fixed again. I think I mentioned something like this over a week ago. I'm working on making the contacts within the BDE that I need to try and find a semi-solution.
News from home came sweeping through the camp about the 45th IN BDE. It appears they will be slotted for Iraq sometime next year. Of course, soldiers young and old began asking questions. First, it's way to early to start worrying about anything. We still need to get this deployment out of the way before we start worrying about anything in the future. Second, it's way to early to start worrying about anything. ( I already said that, but I couldn't think of a better #2, not this early in the stages anyway). As I've mentioned the 1-180th IN BN from the 45th came here to assist the 41st BCT, our sister brigade.
Stay tuned tomorrow for another post from the stan.
Be safe and have a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed these photos before. What an awesome pic!