Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, October 25, 2006


25 October 2006, Yeah, Eid is over and things can return to what we consider "normal" here in Kabul. It's amazing that a city of over 4 million people (estimated), can turn into what would be considered a ghost town. We are finally seeing cooling patterns in the weather and have seen a little bit of rain in the last couple of days. In fact, my section posted that there would be a 60% chance of showers today. Well, as you have heard LTC Y loves to find something to pick on me for.
Of course, me being, well me, I don't make it that hard for him or anyone else for that matter. Anyway, we had a briefing today and of course, there's my slide with the chance of rain. He's make a comment and I tell him I thought I saw it sprinkling before coming in. Well, ten minutes later, you can start to hear thunder overhead, 5 minutes later it's coming down hard enough that I have to tell him to speak up because I can't hear him over the rain. MAN DO I LOVE THAT!!
It's always good when you can stick it to the man. Luckily, I don't think he reads this blog.....
It is nice having both of my workers back, I'm able to move around a little bit more. Today, Eric from Camp Souter came over and I had two other visitors, both working for an American Company now, but one from Britain and the other from Australia. We had a good lunch, discussed various ways to conquer...um, I mean help Afghanistan. I usually let my LT handle the socializing around here, but since he is touring Europe right now, I'm obligated.
I send out a congrats to DX for making promotion to SSG back home, and still hoping the problem with Storm'in Norman's promotion gets fixed. I do miss drilling back home with my unit. Who talked me into this deployment? Oh, yeah, the needs of the Army.
We finally have a TV in our office now, so we are getting a little more news from back home. One report that comes to mind is that President Bush met with the generals in Iraq and has announced that we are revamping our slogan campaign there. Apparently, the ones we were using weren't effective enough and it's time for a change. As a soldier taking orders from him, here's one I like, "Knock off the crap or we'll give you both barrels." For those on the left side of the dial, I'm not talking about the oil, get off it. But, those are just my suggestions.
Well, as Mrs. Dub tells me, try to finish on a good note. I was scrambling around Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to finish up my algebra homework for Monday night, (yes, I can see that would make it late). So last night, I decide to give up trying to work the last few questions and just get it turned in. I log on and discover that it's not due till next Monday, jeez. So with that, here's my cartoon for my teacher. Be safe and have a good day.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi sarge... it's me, bee. i am charlie's wife. we're in s. florida. and you are keeping us free. and i appreciate it. thanks. btw, i'm linking you if you don't mind.

we have penpals through anysoldier.com and send packages out regularly. we are also retired military, which you may already know from charlie at rock's place. anyway, if you know anyone there that doesn't get mail and wants some, let us know. tnanks and be safe there...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarge, dittos to what miss Bee said, I love your blog. You guys are doing Gods work and we love you for it. I always wanted to be a soldier but I only managed to finish 26 years. I have read you stuff on Rocks site. Keep up the good work and be safe. Take care of the troops, I am sure you do.

Anonymous said...

Me again Sarge, I wanted to say I did two tours in Vietnam, just so you know. Love you guys, I wish we had the internet back then, if Al Gore would have invented it sooner..........