Clicky

sgtdub

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10 October 2006, Well, another fantastic day in Afghanistan, as long as you weren't on that bus this morning. But besides that and the 20 year old kid who was stupid enough to say he wanted to hurt American soldiers, it was a fantastic day. I can't go into full details about the kid but suffice to say, after our talk with him, (and it appeared he might be a tad bit slow) we handed him over to his uncle.
I went to the gym afterwards and weighed in at 240 lbs. That actually took me by surprise. With that motivation, I did 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer and then did some weights. My motivation actually ran out about 5 minutes after I got off the trainer.
I watched two Bruce Willis movies over the last two nights. Lucky # Slevin and 16 Blocks. I found both movies to be very good. Lucky # Slevin also starred Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu. I found Lucy's character to be fun and energetic and the movie had the right number of twists to keep it running. 16 Blocks is a redemption movie about a police officer. Being a police officer myself, I fell we should never be in a position to need such redemption but that's the storyline for the movie. Mos Def had a great role.
I found another good blog site. http://webgamin.blogspot.com/search/label/Sandstone%20County%20Episodes The jest of it is stories about a police officer by the name of Officer Hidrent. (Now is it me or does that sound like a play on words for the fire dept?)
Mrs. Dub told me not to end my blogs with such depressing news so I had someone tell me a joke today that I shall add here. This comes from Rob, who like so many other smart people decided if they had to come back to Afghanistan again, do it as a civilian and really make the money. Rob is from the UK. Here's the joke. "Why did the boy throw the clock out of a moving car?" "He wanted to see time fly." Yeah.....he said he deleted the joke right after reading too. Be safe and have a good day.

1 comment:

MrsDub said...

Speaking of jokes, here's one . . . what do you get when pigs fly? . . . the cost of bacon goes up!