Clicky

sgtdub

Friday, July 08, 2011

08 July 2011,
It's Friday night in Afghanistan, yeah, I know, not really a big deal. I haven't been to work out in the last week. I need to get back to it. Who would have thought I would come to a war zone and be busy? Uncle Sam I guess.
I can't believe NASA is sending it's last shuttle out. I heard the news about how they were doing job fairs and offering retraining. Really?

HR Rep doing hiring: So, you don't show a lot of experience

in this line of work, what did you use to do?

NASA employee: I was a rocket scientist

HR Rep: Sure you were

We had a IDF (indirect fire) tonight, we actually heard a 'boom' and then the sirens went off. Not sure what it was or were, Bagram is about 15 square miles so it's large. All our folks are ok.
Could have been the real thing or could have been a connex being dropped on the airstrip, not sure yet.
Well, bed time here, be safe and have a great day!

1 comment:

Sarge Charlie said...

be safe, I would be looking for a connex and a lot of sand bags for the 1st Sgt's quarters.