Clicky

sgtdub

Thursday, January 18, 2007

18 January 2007, 1. I'm Grumpy! 2. I'm Upset!
These are rare traits that few have every witnessed. Granted, I'm only an E-7, but when I put things into motion to correct issues, I don't expect incompetent people to come in behind me and put out conflicting information. I don't care what their rank is. I've been grumpy since yesterday as things I identified the day before needed to be addressed and weren't. Now today, things are still just as bad. For the last couple of hours, I'm learning who is undermining my efforts with nonsense or no coordination and this is putting me into the angry category. Fortunately for everyone, I don't stay that way for long. Ok, enough of that.
Hopefully, the Army will leave me the heck alone for the rest of the day, I'm not very hopeful about it though. Anyway, I ordered a movie from Amazon, The Illusionist, starring Edward Norton, Jessica Biel, and Paul Giamatti. It was reviewed on SQT-fantasy-sci-fi-girl by Stewart Sternberg. I am wanting to watch it tonight. (Next movie) The scariest movie I can ever remember was an old black and white one, it was about cobras being transported by plane over the United States. Well, a crate broke, the snakes got loose and bit everyone, Apparently, these snakes had the ability to transform other people bitten into snakes too. Terrible stuff, I don't know what effect it would have on me now, but then, I was terrified. As I mentioned in a meme last week, when watching scary movies, I turn on lights, lots of them. My biggest problem with snakes are that they sneak up on you. You never see them until they are between your feet. If they came with little snake bells that jingled when they slithered, I would have no problem at all. I can pick them up, hold them, beat them, any or all of the above, just as long as I know they are there. Well, tomorrow night I will be watching Snakes on a Plane with Samuel L. Jackson. I haven't seen it yet, but it just reminds me of the old movie that set my fear in motion, and I'm gonna watch it.
I woke up this morning to snow. Yep, it's back. We had about 1-2" by the time I woke up and it's snowed all day with an accumulation of around 4-6" now. It's a light fluffy snow, packs ok, but not nearly enough density to throw a good snowball with. I did step out of grumpy after cleaning off a windshield with a brush and knock a whole lot of snow on my Lt. He, however, didn't get as much gratification out of it as I did.
Everything else is going pretty good. We are busy and that helps pass the time. Be safe and have a good day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that will show up on ncoer's. Have a good day Staff Seargent (hehe).

Sarge Charlie said...

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...........Come on sarge, the fuzz tail will also learn, usually by the time they make Major but not always. My last nose to nose was a Major, wasn’t a career builder. Oh well, blowing up made me feel better.

Stay safe.........

Desert Songbird said...

I don't watch scary movies, and since snakes are my biggest fear in life, I can't imagine putting the two together - ack!

Hang there with the Army, Sarge. My BIL finally retired last year at 30 years as a CSM E-9, and he said the last few years were, in many ways, the biggest pain in the butt, but that by then he didn't care because he outranked so many people! You know and I know that NCOs do all the work and do it RIGHT.

Thanks for the kind words about my Project 365 site; I have a lot of fun doing it. And, yes, many times Desert Rat and I are goofy together, and we've been called that -- we take it as a compliment!

Stay safe.

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Bro: Staff Sergeant? You're not trying to pass me are you?

Charlie: I usually count, but it's giving them a headstart, also, most of my 'encounters' are with Majors, I like mine with a side of biscuits and jam.

Bee: seems I'm doing a little better, I enjoyed that one too, I left one on Skittles about the snowman, I may have to make that a blog of it's own, check it out.

Songbird: Yes, we do. Mrs. Dub tries not to give me a camera, I often pick up other peoples cameras and snap a picture of me. I love it when people ask me to take a picture for them and I snap one of myself, then they look puzzled and ask if I could take one of them instead.

Linda said...

Nice to see that things haven't changed since I was in the Air Force - way back when!

As for the snakes - even if they wore little jingly bells I wouldn't like them!

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Take DEEP BREATHS.... BREATH, BREATH, BREATH.... now doesn't that feel better?

Ummmmmmm... Snakes on a Plane... I DON'T THINK SO!!! I'm not watching that no way... nopes, nada... NO!!! ;-)

Stay safe!

MrsDub said...

Well I guess that makes two of us that are mad at the moment -- why haven't you called? Just kidding, sorry to hear you're having a bad day. Must be the military, because you're sure having a lot of those lately. Just don't get in the habit and think you're going to be cranky when you get home. I'm the ONLY one in our family that's allowed to be crabby. That's how we balance each other out. You need to take a break and go build a snowman. Sorry, I have to go - my phone just rang and IT's YOU!!

Barb said...

Snakes?? No way! Not even in a movie!

Claire said...

urggh snakes, i was told that movie is so bad its good, so you will have to let us know.

Did you get your apron off sarge?
Toodle pip
Claire

Anonymous said...

Snakes on a Plane was funny. Just don't take it seriously and you will enjoy it. The bro and I got some new lines from it. :-)

Some snakes do come with little bells, well rattles actually! :-P

Angel said...

Snakes....on a plane.....JIRGH! I can't think of anything worse, especially since I will be flying in less than forty days!!
Hope you're feeling less mad, Sarge, it ain't no fun working with incompetant people. You have my full sympathy!

stay safe!
Angel

SQT said...

Wow, thanks for the mention!

I have the illusionist sitting downstairs, I just haven't had a chance to watch it yet; kind of hard with a 3 year old. Also, we don't watch scary movies with kids in the house either. That's a good thing though, they scare me too much.

My father-in-law is military too, and about 2 years from retirement. He doesn't say much, but I know it's really tough at a command level. There's just no way to look over everyone's shoulder, is there?

Anonymous said...

t's such a tickety-boo site. fanciful, acutely stimulating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://smolek.pl/zdrowie-i-uroda/opony,s,693.html]opony[/url]