Clicky

sgtdub

Sunday, January 28, 2007

28 January 2007, I did it, then they did it.
I actually remembered to pay my internet bill a day before it would be turned off. Then they turned it off anyway. Let's just hypothesize that this put me in me in a bad mood.....yeah, it wouldn't be good. Luckily I was at the office late last night and decided to do my post while I was waiting on some things. Anyway, it's up and running again, so I'm good for another 30 days.
It seems everyone needs our conference room these days. As I mentioned yesterday, we are attempting to build a new wall in it allowing for storage behind it and a projection screen on the front as well as a television cubby. I was only able to work on it for 2 hours today, and we should finish up tomorrow with few, if any problems.
The weather is getting much nicer now with temperatures hitting mid 40's. I'm sure Sarge Charlie can tell many stories about being in the mud. For the most part, we are on a concrete pad, but it seems I'm always needing to travel to the parts of the camp that are just mud. Luckily I had experience getting dirty when I was a kid, so I don't mind it too much. I just try to get my boots cleaned somewhat before heading back to my room.
I guess that's about it for today. Be safe and have a good day.

12 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Speaking of mud, you gave an idea for a blog......the Panama Canal Zone, they have a long dry season and the ground gets cracks one or two feet deep. When it rains that is how deep the mud is.

Stay safe my friend..

Oh BTW, my combative friend retreated, I think Wade got him when he ran through the tree line...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

mud, oh nooooooo..... sigh. and i sure am glad they got the internet back, i'd hate to have to get up without my morning melon and dub! smiles, be safe. bee

Odat said...

I'd rather have snow than mud...yuck! Heaven forbid that you don't pay your internet bill!!!

(P.S. you keep asking me about LuLu the Lizard story and her hat.
I wrote that as a joke awhile ago. I guess I'll have to go back and finish the story one of these days...lol).

Peace!

Rock said...

Sgt, I love your Soapbox rant, and agree with everything you said. I am tired of those in congress not stepping up also.

I'm trying to figure out the Rambo story, but I can't quite understand who he is and what he's done.

I continue to enjoy your blog every time I come, and it gives me a good feeling knowing that people like you are out there guarding our freedom.

Thanks.

Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone
Rock

Maryfly said...

oooh, mud pies! LOL

stay safe hon!

Linda said...

Do you mean to tell me that the military does not provide you with Internet access where you are? Honestly, I'm a little bit surprised that you have to pay your own bill for that, I was under the mistaken impression that it was something that the government provided sort of as compensation for being where you are.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yeah sgt! what linda said! they should pay the internet bill!!! sigh... bee

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

The government does provide AFN in our rooms and connexes, but for internet service we have to pay it. I really don't have too much of a problem with this, it's just remembering what day to pay it, as it is based on 30 days, so it changes from month to month.

Angel said...

Hey Sarge!
Internet being turned off is a bummer....I'd be lost without the internet as its my connection to everyone who really matters to me. As to the mud...I love it! Its also wonderful for your skin :)

ShadowFalcon said...

Same reason why I'm gald I don't play rugby I can't stand all that mud...

MrsDub said...

Well Dub, I guess everyone would also be surprised to know that you have to pay for your own phone calls home! But, I wouldn't have it any other way -- at least this way, I know I will get to talk to you daily.

Desert Songbird said...

Ahh, military life - I remember it well...

"It's not just a job, it's a $1.35 an hour!"