Clicky

sgtdub

Sunday, February 18, 2007

18 February 2007, I hope everyone slept in late this morning and nobody had to wait for me to get off work to post. I built an extension to my desk that could clear up some more area for my new Airmen to work in. We added another computer to the mix, so hopefully we can be more productive. I also built a little cabinet for the projector in the conference room. It's not too shabby for what I had to work with. A little while back, a suggestion was made to build another coffee house (we came with Oregon, they need a coffee shop every block, no offense to my wonderful readers from Oregon) or a steak house. Yeah, that's what I was wondering. My suggestion was to build a Home Depot or Lowe's, then we could build whatever we wanted. Of course, then Mrs. Dub would cancel my Home Depot Card, but I could still just walk up and down the isles and enjoy myself.
Cpl. Todd Larkin, the writer of Task Force Phoenix V and myself were added to the Milblogging roll by Flag Gazer, (from Oregon, don't mention the coffee shop thing I said). Well, Todd called me yesterday in the office and said we had been nominated for some milblogging award. I still haven't gotten the details about yet, but I will check into it. It was then I started asking Todd some questions about the milblogging and decided that I would get Sarge Charlie on the roll over there. Guess who beat me to the punch. Of course, Empress Bee, she's real sharp about all kind of things. Cpl. Todd Larkin, (did I mention his site?) is also working on several projects to help the citizens of Afghanistan, and especially those in the villages surrounding our camp here in Kabul. His current project is collecting children's shoes or taking donations for shoes. If you are interested in what he is doing and seeing the great photos he takes (with his Nikon 50) go on over.
Another day and weekend knocked off the calendar, yippee!
Be safe and have a great day.

6 comments:

MrsDub said...

Home Depot and Lowes cards have been cancelled - I'm taking no chances. You can browse, but NO buying! The same does NOT apply to jewelry

Lizza said...

LOL at Mrs. Dub's comment!

Glad you had a good weekend, Sgt. I hope you have an even better week ahead of you.

Claire said...

Lol, was that a sneaky camera mention sgt?

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

I'll go check that out - and put my 2 cents in - thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

It's true about the coffee houses - just be glad you aren't with a Washington unit - they want one on each corner so you don't have to cross the street!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yeah, that~

smiles, bee