Clicky

sgtdub

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

06 March 2007, Does your blog run your life? I won't say it runs my life but I do start watching the clock in the evenings and start thinking to myself, I need to go blog before people start to miss me. Now, Mrs Dub was worried about me when I first started working the streets of OKC as a police officer. Then one Friday night I had her do a ride a long with me to show her what we actually happens. Can you believe it was one of the slowest Friday nights I can remember. Our first call, was suppose to be a drunk on top of a church. When we got there, it was a air conditioner repairman on the little dinner next to the church. It got slower very quickly and Mrs. Dub called it a night well before it was time to quit. Where I'm going is that after that one night, she also learned that many people had my back if I needed it. I wasn't out there all alone, one man versus the world. She felt much better and slept better knowing that I had friends and co-workers there with me. So, I'm inviting everyone out there to come to Afghanistan to visit me, hehe. 1LT S. just got back from leave with his family in Texas. He visited a school to talk about what we are doing here. He was asked about the amount of violence we had here. He told them that if the news only talked about all the violence Texas it would sound much worse than what's happening here. In New Orleans, they had more murders in the first two weeks of 2007 than we had military deaths in both Iraq and Afghanistan for the same time period. But the U.S Congress isn't ready to give up on New Orleans yet. I see Sen. Clinton and Obama still aren't at work. Hmmmm.
Well, what did I do today that would be different from anything else I've reported? I changed two flat tires on a couple of pickups. Everything else was just more paperwork of one form or another.
Be safe and have a great day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I think it's the greatest thing that you have this blog. What a cool way to easily stay in touch with your friends and family!

It's also very eye opening for people all over the world (like me!) to read what you are doing.

I'm glad Mrs Dub sleeps a little easier when you're at your 'other' job. I quickly realized too that hubby was safe and that it didn't do me (or the girls) any good to worry.

:-)

MrsDub said...

The reason my "ride along" was so boring was because you were too nice to people. Where's the fun in that? I prefer to take people to jail, when you opt for friendly warnings. I should be the cop and you should be the Wal-Mart greeter!!!

Barb said...

LOL @ what MrsDub said!

I was very surprised by those statistics! But still.. any soldier killed in combat I would consider to be worse? Somehow? Hmm.. I started this paragraph knowing I was going to say something profound and intelligent then lost it.

Make up your own to fit ;)

Ron Simpson said...

HMMMM. I think I was one of those guys you gave a friendly warning to.......I promise I'll be better!

Maryfly said...

what skittles said....

stay safe hon

Odat said...

I try not to let blogging run me...i enjoy doing it most of the time and the friendships developed are priceless....
Peace

Travis Cody said...

I was so tired last night - I know I missed getting around to everyone's blog, and I felt bad about that.

Then I thought...it's ok. You'll get to them tomorrow.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that the blogging is fun, and it will be there tomorrow.

Mimi Lenox said...

I agree with Travis. I need to remember that the blog will still be there....but it can be so addictive.

Michael C said...

It's funny you brought up the blog thing. Just last week I was thinking about quitting because of the pressure I put on myself to post everyday. In the end, I really enjoy it though.

You be safe too!!

Amazing Gracie said...

Staying home all day, some of it self-imposed, I find myself having conversations with the dogs and the birds. Yes, the birds do answer back, but it gets repetitious and repeating, "Hey, bird," over and over again isn't very thought-provoking. And if the dogs start answering me, it's time for a 72 hr. vacation.
I find that blogging has been a life-saver and is getting me to make contact with my peers. It's a blessing~!
I love your blog because I'm learning a lot about what you guys do.

PaPa Phil said...

Put me down as someone who wants to ride "shotgun" with you in the police car when you get back. We could be like Don Johnson and his sidekick.....no wait, I don't have a white jacket. Maybe like Starsky & Hutch.........no I'm too old. Maybe like Cagney & Lacey........no, that won't work. Hey, here we go, maybe like Tootie & Muldoon from Car 54 Where are You??

Yeah, that'll be it!!!

Anonymous said...

BAN TERBAIK DI INDONESIA GT RADIAL