Clicky

sgtdub

Thursday, January 31, 2008

31 January 2008, Well, the month will be over today. I possibly bit off more than I can chew with school. A full 12 hours seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm managing to get the assignments done, but it's taking a great deal of my time. I believe once I get back into the stride of school, things should not be too bad.
Our trip to Nashville was great. We visisted the Grand Ole Opry (downtown) and saw several great performers. Sunday we went to President Andrew Jackson's plantation and toured it. We hit the road headed back west, stopping at a couple of Civil War sites along the way. First was Parker's Crossing, which is smack dab in the middle of I-40. As I understand it, the battle got so fierce, traffic was stopped in both directions. From there we headed south just a bit and spent the night in Savannah, Tn. The next morning we went to Shiloh. We were on the road again by 11 am and had to head back home.
Mrs Dub attended the Oklahoma Quarter unveiling, have you gotten your's yet? She ended up buying a roll and then the boxed set which includes one each from Denver and Philidephia. Did I mention she was actually at the Denver Mint and was able to stamp her own quarter? It sounds like a good trip.
Miss Dub is doing well, attempting to stay out of trouble. She brought in straigt A's for the 2nd nine weeks, so that helps.
We are getting a little bit of snow this morning, but reports are less than 2" will fall, and it's all be gone by tomorrow. Be safe and have a great day.

1 comment:

Desert Songbird said...

Sounds like a grand trip. I groaned when you made the crack about the traffic. You're such a comedian!

Good luck with school. You can do it!