Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

09 July 08
Well, it's Wednesday, that means only two more days of torture till the weekend. We were introduced to basic body parts today. All day I kept thinking about a Homer-ism I see on Sanni's site, about learning new things pushes old things out of the brain. The class itself is pretty good and they seem to think that I've retained at least 70% of the Arabic I have been introduced to so far. Of course, my other thought is that the only thing we are missing is scooby snacks. I think the training is similar to Pavlov's dogs.
Mrs. Dub and Miss Dub went to Glamor Shots today to get pictures made. It sounded like they had a lot of fun. Of course, I don't think Miss Dub needs to look any more grown up than what she already is, and the term I heard used for Mrs. Dub was "hot".
I haven't ventured at all outside of the class and my apartment yet, so there's not much to report yet, but it'll get better. For now, be safe and have a great day.

3 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I'll send you some Scooby snacks!

MrsDub said...

I think you forgot to pack your "nap mat". You'll need that to go along with your "Scooby Snacks". MissDub and I had a wonderful time at Glamour Shots. They asked us what the occasion was for, and we said "YOU"! I ordered an 8x10 with a chain around it, so you can take me everywhere you go! Just like the last 17 years. Don't work too hard and remember to get lots of rest. Missing you :{

moosewakker said...

sgt. dub,
this is you cuz's spouse in alaska. wrap a cravat around your head to keep it from exploding and be careful walking in parking lots down there. when it's that hot it sticks to your boots;-) wish i would have had more time in OK to visit with you. some day you'll have to visit us and go fishing or hunting.