Clicky

sgtdub

Sunday, July 20, 2008

20 July 08,
Ah, the weekend is over. I know, who is ever happy to end a weekend? Well, the sooner the weekend is over, the sooner we start the next week, and the sooner I get home to Mrs. Dub and Miss Dub. Lt. M was popped into town on other business and we did get to have a couple of meals together, but mostly I just stayed in.
I have gone over my list of words a couple of times, and my numbers. Over all I'm feeling good about my recognition of most of the words, still fuzzy on the most recent ones. I'm not feeling good about my speaking them. Obviously, that's the main goal here. I'll get it, won't I?
Miss Dub had her wisdom teeth removed Friday and is doing better. Mrs. Dub has been taking care of her and then Nana and Papa came and got Miss Dub Sunday afternoon to let her spend the night with them. Poor Mrs. Dub is alone at the homestead, she never really likes that.
I talked with my brother this evening. He's down to two weeks left in the 7 month training at the police academy in Ft. Worth. He said last week was tough as they did scenario training and really put the stress on them before sending them off to their 'calls'. The good news is that he said he feels much more confident about himself and his training.
Well, that's enough for today, be safe and have a great day.

2 comments:

MrsDub said...

Just checking to see if you've updated your blog. It's about 7:30 am and I'm sitting here having my coffee and wishing I was still home in bed. But at least it's my "Friday". I really like the "flex" schedule. School starts Aug. 20th and then everything will go back to the way it was before . . . bummer! Love ya and miss ya

Desert Songbird said...

You'll probably do much better than you think, speaking Arabic. Sometimes you just don't know until it's forced on you (not that I wish another deployment for you!)

Hope you're not suffering from the heat too much.