Clicky

sgtdub

Thursday, June 30, 2011

30 June 2011,
Well, another day down in Afghanistan. I'm spreading myself thin (for a guy my size that's an accomplishment) with the two hats I wear here plus my school work. Luckily I haven't been under any great pressures yet. The weather was much nicer today, cooler today and we had less dust.
My admin SGT, SGT D, has taken over for the XO in getting me in shape. I've followed her to several different classes during the last couple of weeks and she finally found one that took everything I had and almost more. Kickboxing. Luckily we did drills and I didn't have to step in the center, even though a couple of guys stated they wanted to spar with me. I'm not crazy about the crazy guy looking me up and down. By the end of the class I was drenched and wondering if I could make it back to my room without assistance. I will have to go again because it's what I need, but I'm wondering if I should be concerned.
Ms. Dub had her second date with a new boy back home. I know, you're sitting there reading this and going "ah, that's so sweet". But in my head I'm saying "why am I here and not home where I can scare the hell out of that boy!" Yes, I've envisioned now for several years re-enacting the scene from Bad Boys II at the front door with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Making a clear statement to the young man what I expect out of him.
I'm thinking about my leave later in the deployment and possibly following the trail of the 45th Infantry Division as it made its way through Europe, seeing all the WWII memorials and sites. Just something I'm considering.
Be safe and have a great day!

1 comment:

Wade Huntsinger said...

If you need me to head to OK and have a little shotgun talk I can do it. Of course knowing your little girl and Mrs Dub I am sure that is all taken care of. I can't imiagine her not picking a good one. Praying for you buddy