Clicky

sgtdub

Thursday, May 03, 2007

03 May 2007, Well, it's been a good day. We had a remote controlled IED downtown hitting an Afghan Army bus and it killed the driver. Yahoo and MSN both had coverage about two hours afterwards. The day was then normal and this evening I went to the French Transfer of Authority. The old French unit has completed their tour here training the ANA and the new unit accepted the mission in a very nice ceremony. Major Chevlet was the LNO I saw every day when he would stop by the office to get any new updates.
We exchanged unit patches, broke bread (fresh french bread) and had some little pizza squares. He and his predecessor, Major Timon were both exceptionally good officers and I always enjoyed talking with them.
A little while back, CSM B and I went up to see Rambo. LTC Y and CSM B had managed to get an autographed photo of Sylvester Stallone as Rambo and had it shipped here. CSM B presented it to Rambo, he was pleased.

I really need to get better at answering questions, I'm trying to be better about emails, but I do owe the 911 dispatchers back home a picture.
I was asked if the Military clamping down on blogs and emails will affect me much. Not really. I attempt with every post to use OPSEC, (Operational Security) if you haven't noticed. At the end of this deployment, I will let you know more about me that I have kept guarded thus far, Area 51, Elvis and a few other "classified" tidbits. One such thing that you look at each day now is my count down timer. This is set for the expected day I will be home, throwing my uniform on the bedroom floor and putting on a pair of wranglers and boots. And yes Papa Phil, we will be eating at Cattlemen's that first night back.

Also asked was how can someone buy a Sgt Dub t-shirt? Well, that one is easy. On my Links section is a site called "Sgt Dub's Store", just click on there, scroll through the very small selection I have right now, if you like something, pick a size, and order. If you think I'm the next best thing to a fried bologna sandwich, order today. Now, if you have someone else in your life as Army Mom of Three does, Dari does, Dixie will have, and a few more of you, then feel free to send me an email and I can fix up a t-shirt for you just as easy, if you have any great ideas for me, let me know that too.
Be safe and have a great day.

13 comments:

MrsDub said...

Wranglers? Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Rock Solid said...

ahhh...good ol' 6th grade and Miss Pringle...she was so kind...why have so many people lost the concept of a work effort to complete tasks before moving on?

Area 51?...your Area 51, Sgt, or the real deal?...I passed by there on the way to Camp Pendleton...
you've got what it takes to make the world go round and your family and friends are supportive to your needs from what I see here...on site..on sight you all evoke humor, courage, concentration, direction, ideas and goals that are within reach and you all produce
...keep goin' for it

pssst: my Master-Gunny Sergeant (thirty-three years in the Corp) was knighted by the Queen of England...
he taught me to be a straight-shooter...although I have a problem with making my bed...I want it to look like it's inviting me back...ruffled teddy-bear covers reaching out for me to snuggle back down into it when the time is right

buy for now...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

"throwing my uniform on the bedroom floor and putting on a pair of wranglers and boots."

can you get away with this dub? at first i thought you were going to say and sweep mrs. dub off her feet, but then you put on the wranglers and boots, so hmmm, not so sure now. ha ha

smiles, bee

Unknown said...

Aaaaah! I want a SGT DUB-shirt, too - but delivery to Germany is impossible as far as I know. Can´t order my own stuff, either *sigh*

Linda said...

When you get a chance, check out my blog, I dedicated a post to you.

Write Before Sleep said...

Sgt Dub's Store:

I had difficulty finding the link when I ordered my t-shirt (which I will proudly wear this weekend at the Milblogging Conference) ---

"Sgt Dub's Store" is in the Links section on the right, mixed in with other things and doesn't Stand Out and say "Order a Sgt Dub Shirt Here!"

So, I think Sgt Dub should make a SGT DUB STORE link all by itself; maybe with some flashy graphics. However, if he uses my photo I will go to Afghanistan and break his new glasses!

fatwonkkid said...

i read about the army clamping down on blogs. it seemed all doom and gloom for our blogging soldiers. good to know it isn't as bad as some people think.

although it is a bit ironic to clamp down on the free speech of the folks that are defending that right...

Flag Gazer said...

Great pictures of Rambo!!

Lizza said...

Glad to learn everything's A-OK with you...and that you're still blogging despite the Army restrictions. :-)

Sarge Charlie said...

Rambo is the man, cool sunglasses and all. That was a nice thing to do for him.

When do we start the countdown my Friend, soon??????????

Stay SAFE.

MrsDub said...

Bee, he can't sweep me off my feet, because he'll be too busy starting the "honey-do" list, and he may throw that uniform on the floor, but he WON'T leave it there. He knows better. He talks all big when he's 7000 miles away, but he won't do it when he's within my reach!

David M said...

Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 05/04/2007
A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

mrs dub.: ha ha ha ha ha....

good one honey!

smiles, bee