Clicky

sgtdub

Saturday, May 05, 2007

05 May 2007. Happy Cinco De Mayo! Of course, I guess with all the troubles back home with the border issue, it might not be that happy. I saw a celebration going on at the track today while I was walking. A bunch of Caucasians, grilling hamburgers and hot dogs and playing rap music. I'm not sure how this was linked to the Cinco De Mayo but that was the excuse they used. Of course, one person was wearing a sombrero, so I guess that made it official.
I read the official bulletin concerning blogging that was recently put out. I don't foresee any changes to my site. As you know, I don't give out anything in violation to the OPSEC rules. These are good rules if used with common sense and should not require any further actions on anybodies part. Like I wouldn't mention that at sunrise tomorrow we will actually have that one insurgent camp completely surrounded and will be going in with more soldiers and guns than the insurgents have ever seen and that the only way to stop this from happening would be that insurgent commander to surrender to the nearest Coalition base he can find tonight. We all know that the insurgents get 80% of their information about us from us, so this is why I wouldn't mention such a mission, and that that commander should really hurry.
Well, a pretty slow day for me, be safe and have a great day.

12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy cinco de mayo to you dub!

smiles, bee

Colin Theriot said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I came across your site while doing a blog search on the holiday.

To commemorate cinco de mayo, I drew a picture for my website. I think it's funny. Click my name to see it.

Linda said...

And a happy 5th of May to you, too! Has that insurgent commander turned himself and his troops in yet??

Sarge Charlie said...

happy cinco de mayo my friend, I loved your comment on my last PAZ post.

stay safe

Callie Ann said...

Have you cleaned that mess you call your room yet? Just wondering I wouldn't want you to get thrown in the brig for having hazardous waste in your hole there.

Odat said...

Happy Cinco de Seis...I'm a lil late!
Peace

Wade Huntsinger said...

Sounds like a good day for a short timer, Stay Safe and God Bless

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi! Just came by from Amy's Scavenger Hunt. Happy Cinco de Mayo! Take care!

Barb said...

I think the sombrero did make it official! Whew.. thank goodness you don't say anything in here that you're not supposed to! (Smile.)

You've been tagged with the Wikipedia Meme!

PaPa Phil said...

Your room looks like my garage workbench (except for the OSU blanket) Ha! Happy Cinco!

Anonymous said...

Great post Sgt as always. What happened here was very sad. Its a shame people can not even celebrate a holiday without some sort of uproar occurring. What I saw on TV from the police looked brutal and unfair to the citizens.

Hope all is well where you are. Stay safe and have a great week!

Sandee said...

Well Happy STINKO to you too. Not thrilled as we live in a agricultural area. Thousands and thousands of illegal aliens. You can go into any store and all you hear is Spanish. It is changing the fabric of America here. Many consider California Mexifornia. You would just have to see it to believe it.

I'm glad you didn't give away any military secrets. That wouldn't be good. I do understand about the "us" is usually telling the enemy what they want to know. Well, the N.Y. Times does pretty well too.

Stay safe and God bless ♥