Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

26 November 2008,
24 days and a wake up. Even better, I'm waiting at the Tucson Airport right now for a flight back to Oklahoma. Yep, the family has to put up with me for 4 whole days. This will actually be an opportunity for them to realize how quiet the house has been without me around making messes and starting new projects. Yes, that's right, in 25 days, I'm demolishing the kitchen. Hope Angela is ready. She's been patient about the new stove being in the garage and I figure it's time to bring in the house. The lighting isn't real good in the garage and so it's hard to tell when the meal is done.
We took three tests over yesterday and today. Let's just say I can recognize what language they are using, but not much further than that. It seems like I'm going backwards with this training, partially my fault, and more partially the instructors, but there's no point in going there. I've got a long ways to go but I'm still further in Arabic now, than I have every been with Spanish, so it works, it just needs some modifications.
Well, I really wanted to get on here to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, whether you celebrate it or not. I'll try to post at least once while I'm home and maybe add some pictures of the family too.
Be safe and have a great day.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hope that you had a very happy Thanksgiving with your family and a safe trip both ways!

Desert Songbird said...

I hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving, Dean. Keep up the great work with the Arabic lessons!

Sarge Charlie said...

Happy holidays my friend, sometimes it is nice to skip the mess hall dinner.

Wade Huntsinger said...

Tell the two girls we said hello! Glad you are almost through the program. What's next?