Clicky

sgtdub

Friday, July 21, 2006

21 July 2006, Today's joke had to be pulled from jokeoftheday.com because under all this pressure I can't think of a single one I can tell in this forum. This joke comes from Tommy, "A man who had been caught embezzling millions from his employer went to a lawyer seeking defense. He didn't to want to go to jail. But his lawyer told him, "Don't worry. You'll never have to go to jail with all that money. And the lawyer was right. When the man was sent to prison, he didn't have a dime"
As I told Mrs. Dub today, another Friday is down in history and they seem to be coming at a good pace. I have been back in Afghanistan now for a whole month. I have only left the camp twice to go eat dinner with the Royal Commando Marines at Camp Souter. Friday night here is steak and seafood night. Now anyone who knows me knows that hush-puppies is about as seafood as I get so all I'm left with is steak. Now for those of you who don't know, or haven't heard, the DFAC is run by Kellogg, Brown and Root. This is a company owned by Haliburton. Haliburton is an oil company by rights. I have one suggestion, don't let an oil company cook your steak. Sure, they grill them up for you at around 9am in the morning, then they basically boil them all day to keep the juices in. Now, I have heard of some cultures that like boiled steak, however, I wasn't raised in that culture. I will probably hold out until I get home and then make my lovely bride take me to Cattlemen's. Now, of course, she is hooked on Montana Mike's Steakhouse in El Reno, and it is very good. The price is even better. I just like Cattlemens better.
Today was my last day of class for this term. Of course, the class was only 4 days long to begin with. I've learned a lot from it and will probably continue studying the era around 1776. We take our test this next week, luckily, it's open book. I should proabably write my friend Tim, he was in the Navy then and might remember some interesting things about that period. Just kidding.
I can't think of anything else for now, so be safe and have a good day.

No comments: