Clicky

sgtdub

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

08 November 2006, Congratulations to all the winners of the elections, whether I voted for you or not. May God guide you in all your decisions. I know Governor Brad Henry had a fantastic finish and I believe he will continue to work for what's best for Oklahoma. I haven't seen the other results for Oklahoma yet, but I should be spanning the Internet shortly after this post. I hope everyone did their part to vote.
Today was nice, I was able to slow my pace down and worked at getting several tasks completed. I was also able to get Lt M caught back on what was happening, or the lack of happening around here during his absence. When I left, things kicked into overdrive, apparently I can keep things under control. (That's the way I will write history).
I received another package from the South Yukon Church of Christ, and this time I managed to send an email back to them to say thanks. My actual writing letters skills are very lacking. I'm still behind from the last mission, and that was a couple of years ago. I'm lucky if I get emails out to my friends and family. That seems a task at times. I have been trying to be diligent about this blog as it hits the most people with one shot. As you have seen in the past, I can go days without writing, but I'm trying to get better about that. My only excuse is that I'm a guy. Do I really need to say more?
Finally, I got a good night's sleep. I took that Tylenol PM Mrs. Dub sent and went to bed at 2045 (8:45pm) and didn't get out of bed till 0615. Wow! Is that what sleep feels like, I like it!!
Part of my job here is working with some of the Afghans, or actually, having them work for me. Today I had to talk with one who missed several days at work. When I spoke with some of the other Afghans, I was told he was working off post, I told them I had heard differently. At this point, they suddenly remembered he was very ill in the hospital. What I had heard was that he had been in an automobile accident and hit someone who later died, and that he was in jail. His story today when I spoke with him was that he was in a "detainee house" which is were you sit until they decide if you are guilty or not, and then at the hospital for a few days. Apparently one or more of the other Afghans working for me had been signing him in for an unknown period of time before we found out about it, I informed several of them, (and they know this from the past) that if I caught them lying to me, they would be gone. Now, some of you are asking why I didn't know any sooner, but I have several working and my job is as a manager for them, and they go out with other patrols, units and sections to actually perform their work, so I do not get daily face time with them.
Well, be safe and have a good day.

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Hi Sarge, I left you a comment on my post.
Have a great day
Be safe my friend
charlie

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well sarge, what are the troops saying about the elections? charlie is wearing a black arm band......bee