Clicky

sgtdub

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

12 December 2006, two posts in one day. Of course, the first post was to recognize my recognition...if that makes sense. This post is today's post. I made it ['outside the wire' today having to run all over Kabul. I found that the smog haze that sits over north Kabul disappears the farther south in Kabul you drive. For some of the soldiers and airperson I took with me this was their first trip to the camp located in south Kabul. Going through downtown was a treat as they didn't really know what to expect.

A nice little old lady
in a burka walked up
to my vehicle while we
were stuck in traffic and was asking for money, I rolled down my window and gave her a dollar. She walked back to the vehicle behind me and held up her index finger indicating "1"for a dollar. They thought we had upset her and they locked their doors and tried to get her to leave because she was "shaking a finger at them".

But you could also
buy all your fresh
vegtables, fruits
and meats right
there off the street.We pulled over and bought some peanuts from a street vendor on the way back.
Tomorrow I will post the rest of the trip, and hang on, I still haven't posted the bazaar picture yet either. Guess I need to get busier. Well, I'm headed off to Ab Lab as I skipped out last week. Be safe and have a good day.

3 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Come on Sarge, you know better, that could be the indians out there.

Be safe

The old sarge

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

glad you are back safe sarge... waiting for more photos. bee

Anonymous said...

Fascinating pictures! Afghanistan has always interested me. Best of luck to you.